What are the Top 10 OSHA Violations of 2019? It’s good that you’re wondering, because OSHA violations aren’t getting any less severe with each inspection visit. One violation could mean thousands of dollars in fines while a second violation of the same instance could bring tens of thousands of dollars in fines upon inspection. So don’t get caught by surprise and suffer a crippling financial blow to your business! First, familiarize yourself with the specific violations that business were fined for the most in 2019 – they’re probably going to be quite “popular” in 2020 as well. Then, as you wonder how you’re going to drastically minimize your risk of an OSHA violation, don’t try to tackle compliance matters like these on your own. At the end of this article, we’ll show you how you can enlist the help of SOS Technologies for a complete review of the hazards you may not realize are under your roof that can be addressed.
And do it today before a painful visit from OSHA tomorrow.
The Top 10 OSHA Violations For 2019
- Fall Protection – General Requirements: Total violations = 7,014
- Hazard Communication (HAZCOM): Total violations = 4,170
- Scaffolding: Total violations = 3,228
- Lockout/Tagout: Total violations = 2,975
- Respiratory Protection: Total violations = 2,826
- Ladder Safety: Total violations = 2,766
- Forklift (Powered Industrial Trucks): Total violations = 2,347
- Fall Protection – Training Requirements: Total violations = 2,059
- Machine Guarding: Total violations = 1,987
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Total violations = 1,630
With these statistics in mind, ask yourself: How long has it been since there was an accident in your workplace and/or warehouse? Are there some areas that you suspect might present a hazard? Don’t guess and hope – that’s a recipe for a potential hefty fine from OSHA upon inspection and of course, a potentially deadly injury. Get proactive now by contacting SOS Technologies today to perform a full OSHA Audit of your work environment that can reveal hazards and recommend improvements, which could save a life and possibly a whole lot of dollars as well. Get the piece of mind you need that you’ve done all you can to reduce the likelihood of an accident in your work environment at 888.705.6100.